Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
Are you looking for an easy, hassle-free way to make juicy and flavorful pulled pork at home? Look no further! This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe is the perfect solution for busy weeknights or weekend gatherings with friends and family.
The slow cooking method allows the pork to cook low and slow, resulting in a tender and juicy pork roast that easily falls apart into succulent pieces. The combination of seasonings, liquid, and cooking time creates a flavorful and aromatic meat that is sure to impress your guests.
- 4-5 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Buns for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
- Place the pork shoulder roast in a slow cooker and rub the spice mixture all over the pork.
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker and cover the pork with the barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours, or until the pork is tender and falls apart easily.
- Using two forks, shred the pork and mix with the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Serve the pulled pork on buns and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- For a more intense flavor, consider marinating the pork shoulder roast in the refrigerator for several hours before cooking.
- For a thicker sauce, consider whisking together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and adding it to the slow cooker during the last hour of cooking.
- For a crisp texture, consider broiling the buns with the pulled pork for a few minutes before serving.
This Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe is the perfect solution for a delicious and easy meal any day of the week. Serve it on buns with your favorite toppings, or use it as a filling for tacos, sandwiches, and more. Enjoy!
Leave a comment