Juicy Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
Grilled chicken thighs are a staple in many households for their delicious taste, affordability, and versatility. They can be enjoyed as a main dish or paired with a variety of sides. The key to perfectly grilled chicken thighs is to create a juicy, flavorful exterior while still cooking the meat to the proper temperature. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide for grilling juicy chicken thighs, along with tips for making them even more delicious.
- 4 boneless, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Preparing the Chicken Thighs
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder to create a marinade.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them.
- Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the chicken, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
Grilling the Chicken Thighs
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (around 375°F to 400°F).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard any excess.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side down on the grill.
- Close the lid and let the chicken cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and let it cook for an additional 5-6 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for Perfectly Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, which is the minimum safe temperature for consuming poultry.
- Don't overcrowd the grill. Leave enough space between the chicken thighs so that heat can circulate evenly.
- Don't flip the chicken too often. Flipping the chicken too frequently can cause it to dry out and lose its juiciness.
- Let the chicken rest before serving. This allows the juices to distribute evenly, resulting in a juicier and more flavorful piece of meat.
Grilled chicken thighs can be served as a main dish with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a crisp salad. They can also be sliced and served on a salad or in a sandwich.
In conclusion, grilling juicy chicken thighs is easy and requires only a few simple steps. With the right marinade and proper grilling technique, you can create a delicious and juicy piece of meat that will be the star of any meal.