The Classic Beef Burger Recipe
There's nothing quite like the taste of a juicy, flame-grilled beef burger. Whether you're cooking for a backyard barbecue or a quick weeknight meal, a classic beef burger is a crowd-pleaser that never goes out of style.
Here's a simple and delicious recipe for a classic beef burger that's sure to be a hit.
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 mix)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- Toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, ketchup, mustard, etc.)
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form each portion into a patty. Make sure the patties are the same size and thickness so they cook evenly.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Toast the buns if desired.
- To assemble the burgers, place a patty on the bottom half of each bun. Top with your desired toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, ketchup, mustard, etc.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Perfect Burgers
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the burgers are fully cooked. A medium-rare burger should have an internal temperature of 145°F, while a well-done burger should be 160°F.
- Handle the patties as little as possible to prevent them from becoming tough.
- Don't press down on the burgers while they're cooking, as this will cause the juices to escape and the burgers to become dry.
- Experiment with different seasonings and toppings to find your favorite flavor combinations.
This classic beef burger recipe is easy to make and always a hit. Whether you're grilling in the backyard or cooking on the stovetop, this recipe is the perfect starting point for creating delicious and satisfying burgers. So gather your ingredients, fire up the grill, and get ready to enjoy a classic American dish that's truly timeless.