Spring Chicken with Lemon and Thyme Recipe
Nothing beats the comforting and familiar flavors of a roasted chicken. This recipe for spring chickens roasted with lemon and thyme takes a classic dish to the next level with its bright, zesty flavors.
- 2 spring chickens (1.5 lbs each)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Place the spring chickens in a large roasting pan.
- Rub the lemon and thyme mixture all over the chickens, making sure to get it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Roast the chickens for 30 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C) and continue roasting for an additional 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chickens from the oven and let them rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This spring chicken with lemon and thyme recipe is a simple, yet flavorful meal that's sure to please. The juicy, tender chicken is roasted to perfection and paired with bright, zesty flavors for a meal that's sure to become a new weeknight favorite.