Beef Stroganoff Recipe: A Classic Dish with a Modern Twist
Beef Stroganoff is a classic Russian dish that has been a popular family meal for generations. The creamy sauce, tender beef, and egg noodles make for a delicious and comforting dish. This beef stroganoff recipe is updated with a modern twist, making it the perfect dinner for any occasion.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced into thin strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 oz egg noodles
- Season the beef strips with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef strips and cook until browned on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook until tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion and mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Gradually add the beef broth, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, paprika, and thyme. Stir the mixture into the beef broth mixture.
- Return the beef strips to the skillet and simmer until the sauce is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is heating, cook the egg noodles according to package instructions.
- Serve the beef stroganoff over the egg noodles and enjoy!
This beef stroganoff recipe is a modern twist on a classic dish that will bring comfort to your table. The tender beef and creamy sauce pair perfectly with the egg noodles, making it a meal the whole family will love. Give it a try and enjoy!
Leave a comment